Position Description - Research Analyst:
As a member of Sterling Investment Management, Inc., the Research Analyst will have fundamental research responsibilities for individual securities, generate new investment themes and ideas, and contribute to our macroeconomic perspectives.
Sterling believes in active management and invests in individual securities. Our research analysts participate in the firm’s securities trading. You will learn our trading processes and assist in buying and selling securities as directed by our portfolio managers. The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual interested in working in a collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to conduct fundamental analysis on existing and potential investments from a wide assortment of securities and asset classes.
- This includes participation in financial modeling, valuation analysis, performance assessments, monitoring corporate earnings calls and news reports for investment implications.
- Contribute knowledge and ideas at research meetings, communicate investment theses clearly, and work with the investment team to determine portfolio positioning recommendations.
- Monitor portfolio performance and assist in producing quarterly commentaries and firm marketing materials.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, e.g. client specific requests, capital asset valuation studies, macroeconomic and investment overviews, among other assignments.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Execute trade instructions from portfolio managers and/or the CIO.
- Restructure and rebalance client portfolios.
- Implement allocation or cash management changes within client accounts.
- Participate in special projects involving our firm’s trading functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related discipline.
- Strong technology skillset, focus on Excel and Bloomberg.
- Ideal candidate will have CFA designation or documented progress towards a CFA, MBA and/or another preferred credential.
- Two to five years’ experience in the financial services industry; asset management experience a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills; ability to articulate findings thoroughly, yet concisely.
- Able to collaborate, multitask and prioritize a variety of activities.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small firm environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation and employee benefits are competitive and based upon experience and industry standards:
- Salary will be predicated upon experience and skills.
- Bonus awards for exceptional contributions.
- Benefit package includes health care, 401(K) retirement contributions, and the potential for profit sharing.
- Full support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements.
- Advancement potential based upon merit.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors