Financial Accounting & Reporting Specialist (40% - 60%) - long term employment contract
BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 7bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Financial Accounting & Reporting Specialist (40% - 60%)
Together with the Head of Finance you will be ensuring quality and timeliness of the financial accounting and reporting. Working together with our subsidiaries and external service providers will be as much part of your work as deep-diving into specific issues to understand data and present insight on topics or solutions for new processes.
- Supporting accounts receivables and payables transactions;
- Review, understand and query financial information received from subsidiaries and support a smooth consolidation process;
- Collaboration with 3rd parties: Maintain effective relationships with service providers to ensure efficient workflows;
- Contribute to the general monthly management reporting;
- Participation to the annual budgeting and planning process;
- Be ready to take ownership or support ad-hoc requests from various stakeholders such as the group parent, FINMA, insurances, tax authorities etc.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years financial accounting and reporting or auditing experience; exposure to the financial industry and asset management would be a plus;
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent from an internationally recognized university
- Expertise in IFRS and Swiss Code of Obligations accounting requirements, consolidation, FX, VAT, payroll and tax accounting
- Abacus knowledge
- Proficiency in German and English; Spanish and French being a plus;
- Very good communication skills and ability to explain complex issues concisely and easily understandable.
Your personal profile
- Detail-oriented, focused on quality and timely delivery;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results;
- Demonstrated team player who enjoys working in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work independently, hands-on and with perseverance.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change.
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development.
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
- Attractive compensation and exciting career opportunities.
Preferred start date: January 2021.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is November 30, 2020.